PE & Sports Premium
In 2022-2023 academic year Katherines Primary Academy has been allocated the following Sports Premium funding:
Sports Premium £18,150
Sports Premium 2022 - 2023
Physical activity has numerous benefits for children and young people’s physical health, as well as their mental wellbeing (increasing self-esteem and emotional wellbeing and lowering anxiety and depression), and children who are physically active are happier, more resilient and more trusting of their peers. Ensuring that pupils have access to sufficient daily activity can also have wider benefits for pupils and schools, improving behaviour as well as enhancing academic achievement.
Katherines uses the PE and sport premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and physical activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
In addition Katherines uses the funding to improve swimming and water safety as is the National required that by the end of key stage 2, pupils should be taught to:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively, for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke
- perform a safe self-rescue in different water-based situations