Religion and World Views
Developing our young theologians' knowledge of the principal religious traditions and worldviews and promoting tolerance and understanding!
Purpose and Aims
At NET, our RE curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils acquire and develop knowledge and understanding of the principal religions represented in the UK:
- to appreciate the way that religious beliefs shape our life and behaviour
- to develop the ability to make reasoned and informed judgements about religious and moral issues
- to promote respect and open-mindedness towards others of different faiths and beliefs
- to enhance their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- to become religiously literate preparing them for a life in the world around them
We follow the Essex agreed syllabus for religious education (exploRE). The key driver is to engage pupils in an enquiry approach where they can develop an understanding and appreciation for the expression of beliefs, cultural practices and influence of religions and worldviews in the local, national and wider global community. Teachers will impart essential knowledge that has been planned progressively, beginning in EYFS and across key stage one and two. This planned knowledge will include vocabulary, key concepts and allow time for reflection.