‘Bringing science to life for our young scientists of today'
Purpose and Aims
At NET, our Science curriculums aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Children will be taught the knowledge and skills to provide a secure foundation in ‘Understanding the World’ through the disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Science is fundamental to understanding our lives and our futures and as such, it is a core subject.
- As scientists, children will develop their natural curiosity, questioning and evaluation of the world they live in.
- Children are ‘progressively’ taught skills to develop scientific enquiry to enable them to plan, predict, conduct and conclude investigations independently.
At the end of KS2, pupils will be able to:
- Ask and answer questions about scientific enquiry.
- Make predictions based on their prior scientific learning.
- Carry out investigations, observing over time; pattern seeking; identifying, classifying and grouping and conducting comparative and fair testing.
- Interpret evidence and explain findings using their science knowledge and technical vocabulary